In order to be eligible for a Green Labourers CSCS Card you need to complete the Level 1 Award in Health and Safety in a Construction Environment and pass the CSCS test.

For other CSCS cards, the applicant must hold a nationally recognised construction related qualification AND have passed the correct level of CSCS Health and Safety test.

NVQ Diplomas are a very popular choice as they can be completed without the need to take any time off work and the observations are done at the work site which makes life easier for the candidate.

You can also access the temporary (Red) CSCS Card immediately upon registering upon your chosen qualification which will give you access to the site for two years to allow you time to complete the qualification. Once completed, you can then apply for the full 5 year CSCS Card.

Now that you understand this, you can see why NVQ’s are all the rage. That said, you don’t actually have to have the NVQ to access a CSCS card. Degree’s, HNC/ HND’s, Apprenticeships and other various qualifications are accepted as proof of competency by CSCS providing that the qualification is Construction related.

To check if you are already eligible for a CSCS Card then follow this link and use the CSCS Card Finder. Select “search by qualification”, type in your qualification and see if your qualification appears.

CSCS does not deliver courses or qualifications, that is why Up-Skilled is here to help!